Sunday, May 18, 2014

KPT Kids

Big messy water main break near my workplace. Traffic and parking crazier than usual, so I parked somewhere different, next to the KPT housing project low rise apartments. Returning to the spot at dusk, a group of  5 large guys, hoodies and big hair, were gathered nearby, some leaning against my dusty black car.  As I approached, one of the youths was complaining loudly about some "f...g bitch". I greeted them, whereupon the speaker met my eyes and responded, "Oh, sorry...language". His friends moved quickly away from the car, looking sheepishly at the ground as though they had suddenly found themselves in church. I wished them a good evening and drove off down the muddy road. KPT kids may be tough, but they still know how to respect their elders.  Happy Friday, y'all and count your blessings!

No comments: